LCA Honorable Mention Award for Commercial Maintenance, NW, DC
A “Grande Dame” of Connecticut Avenue
This historic building was constructed in 1927, opened as a rental in 1928 and converted to a co-op in 1967. The building occupies the entire frontage on Connecticut Avenue between Wyoming Avenue and Kalorama Road and crowns one of the highest points in the city. The eclectic detailing of the building reflects elements of Gothic Revival Moorish and Spanish Colonial architecture.
The building was designed with eight wings or tiers, four facing Connecticut Avenue and four facing the rear. This design allows each apartment to have three exposures to admit sun and light and allows for extensive landscaping. The large roof deck includes two terra cotta gazebos with arched openings and majestic views of the city skyline. Highly visible from Connecticut avenue as well as from the owners’ windows, our crews are always in sight and the landscaping must always look its best.